Third time lucky. Having been to Coachella three times now we feel we have enough knowledge to put together a few tips you may want to know if you are thinking of going next year- and yes although it is only just over you will need yo know now if you want to get booking!
- Do wear a bandana or at least take one with you. Ok, so we didn’t actually wear one throughout but having one to hand to leave the festival can prevent a serious case of desert throat (as we like to call it!) No one want’s to feel like they are inhaling the whole desert sand when leaving for the day.
- Do take a jacket with you! Although super hot in the day it can get very chilly in the evenings and if you don’t have a jacket with you, you will be regretting it.
- Do make sure you wear exactly what you want to! If you are worrying that you will be wearing the wrong thing we can already tell you that you won’t! There is a whole range of clothing and styles going on so just do you!
- An obvious one for any festival but do wear comfortable shoes! There will be a lot of walking, not only between stages but also getting in and out of the festival.
- Arrange a meeting point with your friends. Ok so this sounds very school trip but there is no service in there so you don’t want to be wandering about on your own!
- Make sure you take a comfortable bag in with you for the essentials. Nothing too big as you want to be comfy and have enough free hands to be waving them in the air, especially when Beyonce brings Destiny’s Child on!! We wore these amazing ones from The Daily Edited (as pictured) which were perfect!
- We would advise not to go in to the festival too early. Unless there is someone playing early you may want to hold off a little on entering the festival. Remember that is is the desert and is so so hot in the peak of the day. Also most of the main artists are in the evening so you should be ok!
- Don’t be taking a camera with a detachable lense in with you unless you want to be turning around and going all the way home with it. Yes we did this during year one! You can only take a camera in if you have a license so iPhone photos it is people!
- Don’t underestimate the amount of time it will take you to walk in and out. If there is an act on you want to see allow for the long walk!
- Don’t book in to a hotel or villa without having a look at the time it will take to get to the festival. A lot of the places where people tend to stay are about 40 mins away from the festival. Did you know Coachella is not actually in Palm Springs but in Indio? Therefore be sure to double check your location!
- Don’t forget to eat something! The food there is amazing and there are so many options with a whole variety of styles of food. Call us basic but the pizza slice there is like no other…
Yellow Floral Tunic
Red Floral Tie Top
Red Floral Shorts
Personalised Bum Bag